The conference was be preceded by a set of one day Transformation Labs (T-Labs) that focused on a few selected problem domains, such as decision-making, conflict, action research, adaptation and social innovation. The insights and experiences from these T-Labs will be fed back into the conference and help set the scene for scientific discussions.
Exploring the interface between social, technological and ecological systems, the T-Labs intend to connect people who do not normally work together and help blur the boundaries between scientific research and other fields and sectors. T-Labs will enable invited change-makers, such as social entrepreneurs, academics, design thinkers, policy makers, business representatives, artists and others, to co-design initiatives to urgent sustainability challenges.
The T-Labs are open to both conference delegates and those who are not attending the main conference. Come and learn about new ideas and thinking and engage in conversations about how to shape thinking about transformations. Places are limited for each T-Lab, so early booking is advised.
- Culture/SHIFT: From communication to integration for transformational change
- Transforming the Culture of Environmental Decision-Making
- Learning from ground-up transformations for sustainability through the conflict transformation and alternatives framework
- Action Research: Toward Impact with Transdisciplinary Research
- Making Sense, Social innovation and Transformation, will not run
- Transformational adaptation – wishful thinking or the secret to success?